Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I can't believe how much I have learned from this course. I have started a Special Education website for parents that I'm hoping will help them better understand the whole IEP process. I know I still have a lot of work to do on it but I think I have the foundational skills to move forward. I also created a wiki with Elyssa Brand for the T.A.s at Doyon. It would be great if this could provide a place for more communication and collaboration among our special ed staff. I'd also like to find ways to use it for mini professional developments opportunities.

Entering the world of blogging is a new experience for me and I'm not sure yet how how much I will use it. It's something I will need to play around with more. Podcasting sounds great and I'm looking forward to subscribing to some in a variety of areas. I set up an IGoogle Page today and am excited about all the possibilities it has for organizing information. As with everything else, I just need more time to browse around and find what works for me. I'm really interested in finding a way to put everything I need in one place. Is that possible?

Jackie Potter shared her website with me and I loved her pictures of her dogs! We also looked at Cindy currier's Program Manager Website which gave me some great ideas for mine. Looking at both of the websites and talking to Jackie helped me to better define what it is I want to communicate in my website.

The only suggestion I would have for next year would be to have one small group session per day for "beginners" to go through some of the basic navigation skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment